Gather Petition Signatures Offline: Fire EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt
The Environmental Protection Agency’s mission is to protect human health and the environment. But as EPA administrator, Scott Pruitt has instead focused on sabotaging the agency he runs.
Pruitt has proven that he’s completely unfit to serve in his current position. He’s pledged to strangle the EPA’s budget while misusing taxpayer dollars on lavish expenses, torn down environmental safeguards, put industry insiders in key agency positions, and stamped out science that supports protecting our climate and health. The real-world consequences of his agenda could be devastating for millions of Americans.
Follow these simple steps to help fight back by collecting petition signatures in your community to urge the Senate, House of Representatives, and President Trump to remove Scott Pruitt as EPA administrator. By collecting signatures and having face-to-face conversations with your neighbors, you can do a TON to raise awareness. Your passion and your time will translate directly into mobilizing more people to stand up to Scott Pruitt’s reckless attacks on our environment and the EPA.
How To Do It
1. Ask friends to join you! It’s way more fun to put yourself out there in good company.
2. Click here to download and print out a copy of the petition—or more than one if you have a friend or two who'd like to join you.
3. Pick a good canvassing spot. You want to find a location with plenty of traffic and a likely population—your farmers’ market, Little League game, local playground, library, outside a movie theater, outdoor concert, or other well-attended community event. Consider the timing, too—you want to find a time when people are not in a rush and have a moment to listen (so school drop off and commuter train platforms are OUT!)
4. Gather your supplies. You won’t need much but you will need:
- A clipboard for each person who’ll be collecting signatures
- Lots of pens!
- Comfy shoes
- An accessory, special outfit, or fun prop—like a pin, a funny hat, or a costume that will help make you more noticeable and more approachable
- Patience and understanding for your fellow humans
- Determination and passion to protect our environment and our climate
5. Get out there! Be friendly, but don't push if people are in a hurry or not interested. You get extra points if you can make people laugh while they’re signing.
6. Do some quality control. Make sure people's names and contact info are legible—no doctor’s scrawls!
7. Deliver the petitions by mail or electronically. Mail your completed petition pages to the address on the bottom of the page. Or, take a photo of the petition page, or use a scanner, and email it to us at email@example.com. We’ll count up the signatures and make sure they get delivered to your senators' and representative’s offices electronically.